Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Epic Wins

I know I spend a lot of time whining about bad things that happen to me (at least I feel like I do)... but I really am a firm believer in balance and karma. You win some, you lose some. Sometimes fortune smiles upon you, sometimes it takes a dump on your head. So even though the past year has been filled with unhappy and disappointing events (i.e. dead babies), I still had faith that eventually things would turn around and balance out the horribleness. And they have.

In the last 24 hours I got great news about two very different but important things:

1. I was hired as a full-time lawyer by my firm, which is something I have been working towards for the past 7 years. Woot.

2. I found out that my blood work and ultrasound are normal and I do NOT appear to have PCOS. Double woot.

All of a sudden I have renewed energy for this TTC process, and for life in general. Even though today the doctor offered Clomid to speed things up, I declined. I have the strength and patience to let nature take its course (at least for a little while). And now that I'm basking in this glory, I am thinking of all you peeps out there who may be going through a rough patch, and hoping that you all get to experience an upswing very very soon, because you all deserve it. Word.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on winning on both fronts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, it's so nice to see someone's getting some good news! Congrats on the job - must feel great to see your hard work over the last seven years being noticed. I would imagine this includes some sort of pay raise / increase / way more hours so some more money?

    And the PCOS - that's great to have dodged that one. Not that it would have made things impossible but to be able to scratch things of the list of possible problems is great.

    Glad to hear you're feeling good about the TTCing. Go forth, have sex, make babies!

    ReplyDelete