Thursday, February 16, 2012

Anxiety killed the Advo.cat

I am at the end of CD 12 now, and ovulation is nowhere in sight based on my CM and OPK's. I know it is still very early. I know that CM may not be the best indicator because it is inhibited by the Clomid. I know that it is just a question of WHEN, not IF I ovulate because I always do eventually. I know that chances are I will at the very least ovulate much sooner than I typically do. I know that when it happens, I will be armed with progesterone suppositories to deal with any luteal phase problems.

I know all of these things, and yet I am more anxious than I have ever been. I just want it to work already! [Stomps feet]

I wanted this to be the complete magical fix to all my problems. I had grand dreams of ovulating on CD 12 and getting a BFP on CD 22. A girl can dream, can't she?

But that is not going to happen and I have to accept it. I just wish there was some way of knowing that this will not be one of my usual 60-70 day cycles. SIGH.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't the waiting totally suck?
    Hang in there - CD 12 is waaaay early. Even for fertiles. :-)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so frustrating! I'm so sorry. I was thinking of you because my doctor wanted to do a clomid cycle with a trigger shot despite the fact that I ovulate normally. Your doctor isn't doing a trigger shot, even though you know you ovulate late.... any thoughts on the logic behind this?

    ReplyDelete