Friday, September 9, 2011

Updates

Second HCG draw yesterday was 22,492, up from 17,586 two days earlier. That is a doubling time of about 5 days.

I don't know what that means. Some sources say HCG is supposed to double every 48-72 hours. Some sources say the 48-72 hours rule is only true when HCG is below 6,000. I say these betas are not all that useful!

Other things to consider: I only bled for a day and it has since stopped completely. My boobs are still sore. However, I don't feel as many uterine cramps as I did before the bleeding, so I feel like maybe things are not developing anymore.

My OB is conveniently away until Monday. Maybe I will call and harass her for an ultrasound. I will be 6 weeks tomorrow, so next week could show a heartbeat... or not.

5 comments:

  1. You are in my thoughts everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and hoping so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. crossing my fingers and toes . . . just as an fyi we were able to hear the heartbeat at 6weeks1day . . . looking forward to great news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crossing all appendages as usual! You go get that ultrasound on Monday! Do it! Do it! Do it! :-)
    (seriously, do it)
    xoxo!!!

    ReplyDelete