Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Updates of all kinds

This post is about two things. Let's do the easier one first.

Firstly, I believe that I just ovulated on CD 43...

I wish my body would just normalize to a regular length cycle, but at least this means I won't need to take to take provera to bring on a period. That shit nearly killed me last time. This way, I know I will have a new cycle in a couple of weeks and can start on... CLOMID!

Yes, that is the second thing. We purposefully did not try this cycle because I want to try with a proper day 14 or 15 ovulation and not a 40 day old egg. So I got the drugs yesterday - provera to start new cycle (which is not necessary now that I ovulated on my own), clomid to take CD 3-7, and some fabulous progesterone suppositories for the luteal phase. From what I've heard, those suppositories are going to be fun but it could be worse. At least they don't go in your rear end like Hubbs thought...

I am stoked. Everything is playing out nicely with this cycle ending in a couple of weeks. Then I just really hope the clomid works right away and it only takes one try. Easy peasy, right? Yeah, because everything has been super easy so far...

All the meds came to over $400! That's for a 6 month supply in case I need it, but thank god for health insurance...

The only complaint about all this is that we still don't have the results of karyotyping from miscarriage #3. We sent it off to the lab on October 7th... this is getting ridiculous.

So right now I'm very excited about all the new things we're trying and hopeful that it will work. At the same time I am scared that even clomidia, as Hubbs likes to call it, will not be potent enough to make my body ovulate earlier. Only time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. I truly hope that there's a baby in store for you at the end of this difficult road you have to walk to get to him or her. Stay strong and, don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news! Sending you best wishes.

    ReplyDelete