Friday, February 18, 2011

Back to the middle of nowhere... aka CD 14

The title says it all, but I am in a whiny mood today so I will elaborate. Cycle Day 14 is the middle of something for most people. It is an exciting time of peeing on OPK's and doing it like rabbits. It is typically the beginning of the "two-week wait" which culminates in peeing on more sticks and experiencing phantom pregnancy symptoms. For most people CD 14 is special.

For me, CD 14 is no different than CD 13, or 12, or 11. In fact, it might as well be CD 1, because I probably won't drop an egg for at least another two weeks - if I'm lucky. My last cycle was around 70 days, and only ended thanks to the wonders of Provera.

In some ways, I am not overly upset about this because I know it's not a question of IF but merely WHEN. On the other hand, it's plain annoying - like picking the slowest grocery store check-out and watching all the other lines move fast. There is also the concern that such long cycles are the reason for my miscarriages (i.e. over-ripe eggies). This latter issue is the main reason I am contemplating trying Clomid even though I don't necessarily need it to get pregnant.

Regardless of whether it takes 14, 24, 34, or 44 days, I need to get knocked up this cycle because if I don't I will be epically depressed on baby #1's original due date of April 8. Come on eggie!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh no...my last cycle was 60 days and they've been in that range for ages now. I'm hoping that losing weight will help me regulate....but if it's just "me" then I don't know what I'll do. I can't even imagine how hard that would be. Waiting is agonizing enough to begin with but the whole "two week wait" is such B.S. when you're someone who's waitintg well over a month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently on CD 32 with no sign of ovulation yet. It's frustrating, isn't it? I hope that this egg is the one and that it works out for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. At least I'm not the only one in this boat. Sending positive vibes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Over from ICLW. And it's official - infertility sucks. But really hope you hit that miracle before April. I will be thinking of you xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete