Sunday, February 13, 2011

My intimate time with the space probe

With the arrival of dear AF, I was finally able to get my CD3 bloodwork done. I also had an ultrasound appointment this week (which I had scheduled several weeks ago). Hubbs offer to drive me to the ultrasound appointment to keep me company, although he said it freaked him out to think about the "space probe" they would insert into my hoo-ha.



While I got space probed by a fem-bot nurse, he waited in the reception area where a video of 3D baby ultrasounds played in a loop on a big screen TV and happy pregnant couples walked by.

Many have said this before and I agree - there should be separate waiting areas for those who are with child and those who are with fail. Also, while we're on the subject, why do I have to go to this special ultrasound office for this stuff? If you're a vagina doctor, you should have the appropriate vagina probing equipment in your office. It's like a car mechanic who doesn't have a hydraulic car jack. Who would put up with that?

The stupid thing about this outsourcing of diagnostic methods is that I now have to wait for my next OB appointment to find out what the tests revealed, which is in a friggin' month. In the meantime, I've been told to keep trying to get pregnant, but what's the point if I just end up miscarrying again because the doctor wasn't able to give me the appropriate treatment in time?

Two steps forward, one step back.

No comments:

Post a Comment