Thursday, July 7, 2011

On the regular

I have said before that I do not believe there is such a thing as TMI (too much information) in the world of IF blogging. We look to each other for emotional support, but we also look for what other people are doing and what does/doesn't work so that we can hopefully solve our own problems.

Having said that... the topic I am about to discuss is not exactly IF related in the most direct way, and is probably top of the list for gross bodily functions. Still, this is an anonymous blog, so there are no real repercussions for saying whatever I want =)

I would like to talk about poop. More specifically, I would like to talk about how much I enjoy pooping on a regular basis. Before starting my gluten free diet and taking some probiotic supplements, I used to be a 3 times per week kind of girl. Now that I am dropping trou 1-2 times per day I cannot believe I lived for so long without the regular pleasure of emptying my bowels. I cannot believe how many years I carried on in a totally bloated, plugged and gassy state.

I would also note that it's not just about quantity. The quality of your product is really quite important. To me, the perfect poop is soft enough to exit smoothly and with little flexing of the cheeks, yet solid enough that only one toilet paper wipe is required. The perfect poop technically doesn't even require a wipe - it comes out in its entirety, leaving no trace behind... on your behind. Of course, a wipe is obligatory in order to ensure the perfect exit and provide a sense of pride and accomplishment.

The complete transformation of my pooping is a source of great encouragement. It means that I can change the way my body has behaved for years; that I can alter something that seemed to just be the "way I've always been". If I can do that, then maybe all of the other things my body seems to have been doing wrong for the last 26 years can be fixed too.

And now, please excuse me, I feel a turtle head pokin' out.

2 comments: