Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Reverse Psychology Physiology

We know reverse psychology works. Examples:

- the time my mother said I shouldn't move away for school
- the time my brother said I'd be too chicken to get a nose piercing
- the time the IT people at work told me I shouldn't get the iPhone

All of those were great decisions spurred on by reverse psychology. But did you know that reverse psychology also works on your body's reproductive system?

Like, let's say you've given up on your current TTC cycle because you're already on CD 40 with no signs of ovulation. And you start working out like crazy because you've gained a few pounds since giving your body a break from exercise in order for it to focus on reproduction. And you have stopped temping every day because you figure it doesn't matter. And you haven't re-stocked your pile of OPK's.

What do you think happens then? I can tell you what! Your body goes, "hmm, so she doesn't want me to ovulate? Well, she can't tell me what to do! I'm in charge around here!"

So then you go to the loo and wipe, to discover that you've miraculously started producing the eggiest of all egg-white CM and you feel pre-o pain in your pelvic region, and you wonder - if I get my hopes up before ovulation is confirmed, will this reverse psychology reverse itself back to anovulation??

It's like a mirror facing a mirror. Your mind implodes. You die. Fin.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Inception 2: The Ovulation.
    I think this is good news. :-)

    ReplyDelete