Sunday, June 26, 2011

Gone to Alabama

One of my favourite euphemisms is the usage of "crimson tide" when referring to one's menstrual period. I take it one step further by just calling it "going to Alabama", home of the Crimson Tide. This combines my love of college athletics with my love of bleeding out my hoo-ha for 5 days =)

Anyway, I am finally going to Alabama today after a prolonged luteal phase of 15 days. The previous two cycles it was only 12. I have to admit I was really tempted to HPT test yesterday when it was already on day 14, even though I knew there was zero chance I was pregnant. What is wrong with me? Well, it's ok, because I didn't actually test despite my insane desires. And now I'm in Alabama and everything has gone as expected.

I only wonder why it took 15 days post-O to bleed. Was it something bad I did to stress myself out and delay, or is my LP getting longer because my body is finally producing the right amount of progesterone? Unknown at this time. I should be getting my hormone panel test results this week so might know more then. In the meantime, I'm just glad to finally be in Alabama.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's an awesome sign! maybe the whole gluten free thing really does work.

    ReplyDelete