- Blog blog blog. I realize that this is the best outlet for my stress/anxiety/stupid ideas because I get to say whatever I want without any real life consequences. I must continue to do this regularly so as to meet goal #11.
- Photography! I am taking a beginnners black and white photography class in January and after that I hope to do the digital class to learn how to make photos even prettier. I have been interested in photography since high school, but I didn't have room for it in my timetable back then (chose to take useless academic courses). I believe I have a keen eye for good photos, just lack the technical skills. I hope to get really good at it so I can post cool artsy/family photos on this blog (especially if I am able to accomplish goal #11).
- Stress less, you silly mess. This will be key to achieving goal #11. I recently saw a TV doctor say something clever (amazing!) - difficult situations happen to everyone, whether they are stressful is a choice we make in responding to them. I have made the first step in fighting stress - admitting that I have a problem. The next steps will be to choose not to let difficult situations stress me out by doing all the other things on this list.
- Get hired back at the BigFirm after my probationary period expires in March. This would be really helpful in paying for any kittens I am able to produce as per goal #11.
- Shop less, read more! Last year's pathetic goal of reading 4 non-law books is at risk of being missed. I am currently at 3.5 as of December 31. Next year I vow to read 5. Reading more will hopefully result in less time for useless expenditures of money.
- Shop less, save more! I would like to save more than I spend this year. Considering I pay the mortgage and strata fees, this may prove to be a challenge. However, on a lawyer's salary I think it could be done. This is what 7 years of post-secondary education was for, after all.
- TCOMF - that is, Take Charge of My Fertility. I recently started charting and taking a billion different supplements. My goal this year is to, at the very least, figure out what the fuck is wrong down there and how I can fix it. If I can't get to #11 this year, I hope to at least do this.
- Spend more time with my grandparents. I used to see them at least on a weekly basis. I think the plan this year will be to visit every Saturday morning. This way they always know I will visit and can stop calling me at the most inopportune times.
- Get knocked the fuck up and stay that way for 9 solid months.
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Eleven in 2011
Imitation is the highest form of flattery. I have been inspired to copy one of my favourite blogger's posts and list my 11 goals for 2011: