Monday, January 3, 2011

I am a cunning linguist

So I'm fairly new to this baby making thing. Not even 6 months, and only 2 months of really researching stuff. I have been slowly familiarizing myself with the "lingo". The vocabulary, acronyms, euphemisms, etc. I am finding, however, that many of the terms are not precise enough for my liking or are totally inaccurate. Here are some examples.

TTC - "trying to conceive". I seem to have no problems conceiving, the problem is carrying to term. I officially re-dub this TTCTT or "trying to carry to term".

2WW - "two week wait". My cycles are anywhere between 2-6 months. Soooo, does that make it the SWTFAHMW (six weeks to five and a half months) wait? Not sure exactly how it would work for me. All I can tell you is that it is WAY WORSE than just a 2WW. I wish that I had a 2WW. Let's just call it the WTFLW (way too fucking long wait).

DH - "dear husband". Sorry, but "dear" is something I would use to describe my granny, not my husband. Here are some acronyms I think are more appropriate in my case (which may enlighten you about what sort of relationship we have):  LM "loyal manservant", SM "stud muffin", or my IS "Italian stallion".

TMI - "too much information". No! There is no such thing as too much information!!! Ever!! All any of us are looking for is just some information. We just want to know - what is wrong? how can I fix it? do other people feel this way too? can anyone out there help me? There is never enough information as far as I'm concerned, so please, for the love of fetuses, share away!!

4 comments:

  1. Hello there. Just wanted to welcome you to the blogosphere and apparently become your first follower. I am a cat lover and have a h/x of recurrent early loss. Welcome! Feel free to follow my blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Nice to meet you and thanks for following. Cat lovers unite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TTCTT - wouldn't that be nice?

    Just found your blog through LFCA and wanted to say hello. Hope this blog quickly morphs from a TTCer to an obnoxiously happy mother blog. Looking forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how I yearn to be an obnoxiously happy mother. I hope motherhood comes with selective amnesia that wipes out everything prior to delivery.

    ReplyDelete