Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sleepless in bloat-land

It seems I jinxed myself with my previous post about the glory of Provera. That post was written around day 4 of taking it. We are now on day 8 and feeling rather uhappy. I've been gradualy filling up with retained fluids over the past week to the point where I can now poke myself in the belly and the dent stays there for a while like in a marshmallow.



Things came to a head last night when I couldn't get to sleep for a long time despite being tired, and then when I finally did fall "asleep" it was more like I entered a quasi-conscious state that interrupted every 20 minutes.

Of course this morning the first thing I did was google Provera side-effects to discover that insomnia is quite common (I already knew about the bloating).

I have 3 pills left, and I considered just stopping now, since 7 days should work anyway. But this week is a write-off at this point, so I might as well suck it up for 3 days until Friday and then take the weekend to recuperate.

I'm now wondering though why the doctor didn't even mention the option of using a natural progesterone which would not have these stupid side-effects... Distrust of conventional medicine continues to grow...

No comments:

Post a Comment